Join the AACR Runners for Research Team
Team up with the AACR Runners for Research at the 2016 AACR Rock 'n' Roll Philadelphia 5K & Half Marathon to raise awareness and funds for cancer research. We also need volunteers for the Expo and on race day. Read below for more information and how you can race for free!
Prizes for reaching your Fundraising Milestones, including Free Race Entry!
|$500||Free race entry*|
*To qualify for race entry reimbursement, all runners must be registered with the AACR Runners for Research team and all funds must be received by August 10, 2016. Your registration fee will count towards your fundraising goal but is NOT tax deductible.
- Date: Saturday, September 17, 2016
- Start Time: 7:30 a.m.
- Start/Finish Location: TBA
- Registration Fee: $45.00
Half Marathon Details
- Date: Sunday, September 18, 2016
- Start Time: 7:30 a.m.
- Start/Finish Location: Benjamin Franklin Parkway, West of 22nd Street (in front of Eakins Oval)
- Registration Fee: $75.00
Finding Cures Challenge Details
Are you up for a challenge? Join us for the inaugural "Finding Cures Challenge" by completing the AACR Rock ‘n’ Roll Philadelphia 5K race (Saturday) and Half Marathon (Sunday) to earn five medals:
- 5K Finisher Medal
- Half Marathon Finisher Medal
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Re-Mix Challenge Medal - For completion of both races
- Heart of Rock ‘n’ Roll Charity Medal - For joining the AACR Runners For Research team
- AACR Runners for Research Finding Cures Challenge Medal (inaugural special edition medal)
Additional benefits of participating in the Finding Cures Challenge:
- AACR Runners for Research Finding Cures Challenge Special Edition T-Shirt
- Finding Cures Challenge participants will be invited to a special finish line celebration on Sunday, September 18
- Registration Fee: $100.00
AACR Runners for Research Benefits
Join the Runners for Research team and receive:
- AACR Runners for Research goodie bag
- AACR Runners for Research Heart of Rock ‘n’ Roll Charity medal
- Prize opportunities for:
- top fundraisers in men's category
- top fundraisers in women's category
- top fundraisers in team category (3 or more registered runners)
- top fundraisers in company category
- Exclusive AACR Runners for Research events
- Virtual coaching tips
- A healthier, active lifestyle
- The latest news on upcoming AACR events
- Free issue of Cancer Today magazine
- Have fun while supporting research on more than 200 types of adult and childhood cancers
Visit the Health & Fitness Expo
For two days, over 70 exhibitors will offer free samples, showcase the latest in running gear, sports apparel, health & nutritional information and much more. Pick-up some last-minute race essentials before race day and be sure to visit the Brooks Official Merchandise Store. All runners must visit the Expo to pick-up their race number, gear bag, and t-shirt. Additional packet pick-up options are available.
Dates: Friday, September 16 - Saturday, September 17, 2016
- Location: Pennsylvania Convention Center
- Expo Hours: Friday, September 16, 12:00pm – 7:00pm; Saturday, September 17, 9:00am – 5:00pm
Not a Runner? Volunteer
We need your help in all aspects of the race. Join the AACR Volunteer team!
firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the AACR Rock ‘n’ Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon.
For more information, visit the
To learn more about AACR Runners for Research, email
email@example.com or call toll free at (844) 385-2064.
The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) is a 501c3 registered nonprofit organization with offices at 615 Chestnut Street, 17th Floor, Philadelphia,PA 19106.